The South African Democratic Teachers’ Union in KZN will be marching to hand over a memorandum of demands to the department of education in the province.
Some of the issues that the march seeks to address include:
1. Non or late payment of financial allocations to schools (norms and standards)
2. Failure of the department to appoint teachers timeously thus resulting in classrooms left without teachers.
4. Calling for decentralised post level one appointment processes to fast-track timeous filling of vacancies.
5. Non filling of office-based posts which also compromises the
support that the districts must provide to schools.
6. Lack of safety and security in schools.
7. Non-filling of general workers and school admin clerk posts in schools.
8. Failure of the department to adjust the stipends for Grade R practitioners.
9. Failure of the department to absorb qualified Grade R practitioners.
10. Unprocedural withdrawal of function C of section 21 of the South African Schools Act
11. Failure to upgrade schools in line with the policy
12. Non-payment of Pay Progression
THE DETAILS OF THE MARCH ARE AS FOLLOWS:
DATE: 13 OCTOBER 2023
ASSEMBLY POINT: KING DINUZULU PARK TO THE DURBAN CITY HALL